[Graphics Tutorials & More Graphics]
[ Friends & Stuff ]
[ Site Map & Search ]
[ E-mail ]
Graphics Tutorials and More Graphics Resources and Tips
Paint Shop Pro Tutorials and Plug-ins/Filters
Paint Shop Pro Tutorials and Plug-ins/Filters; Photoshop Tutorials; Other Graphics, Color, Font and Typography Resources and Tips; Scanning Resources; Animated Gifs; Image maps
- Paint Shop Pro Tutorials the-graphics-tablet.com nicely done at the-graphics-tablet.com X3, X4 and earlier. Essential Skills, Editing Tutorials, introduces really interesting tutorials from Terry, Scrapbooking, Workspace. Lots of information and tutorials on Photoshop too.
- Corel Paint Shop Pro price shop at amazon.com to purchase boxed. Look for discounts on recent or even older versions like Corel Paint Shop Pro 9 (formerly JASC). Check Corel Support for Software Updates and Patches and tutorals. Download free trial at corel.com or purchase boxed. Sales on PaintShop Pro X4 latest version. Paint Shop was always two words when it was JASC for earlier numbered versions (i.e, Paint Shop Pro 3, Paint Shop Pro 7) and continued at Corel through Paint Shop Pro X. Since then Corel took out the space PaintShop Pro versions X1, X2, X3.
- Abstract Dimensions with 7th Dimension, 6th Dimension PSP6, 5th Dimension Paint Shop Pro 5 Tips & Tricks. Will not be adding content to the 4th Dimension PSP 4.12. Tutorials. formerly Webweaver XXI Paint Shop Tips and Tricks.
- AFH Free Photoshop Plugin Filters
- BladePro relatively inexpensive filter available for Mac and Windows.
- Buttonmaker Duo free plugin for Windows
- !Tile Tools, image filters from Fantastic Machines for Photoshop and comparable programs
Paint Engine is a free filter for download. Free Tile Tools demo with 15 filters.
- news:comp.graphics.apps.paint.shop.pro newsgroup or read it online at Google Groups
- Plug-ins and Filters at about.com with general information and tips as well as places to get them for photoshop-compatible image editors like PaintshopPro
- Calibrating Your Monitor reference still at jasc
From PSP File/Preferences/Monitor Gamma Adjustment dialog box. Instructions and charts to set Brightness & Contrast Calibration and Gamma Estimation to improve graphics display and how others also view them. Also use Help topic in PSP.
- Drop Shadows with Paint Shop Pro using an image version 3.12, PSP 4 added drop shadow function
- Paintsho Pro Conversion Chart PSP 4 to PSP 5 changes to convert tutorial settings opacity, blur, feather for tutorials (PSP 03/4 tutorials use numbers 1-255 while PSP 5 changed to percentages 1-100)
- FAQ for Paint Shop Pro for comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro. Old 28 July 1999
- GrafX-Design.com Tutorials for Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, Corel DRAW!, Paint Shop Pro and Xara Xtreme, make web graphcs, digital photographs look good, over 13 years on the web
- GraphicsDen lessons using Paint Shop Pro 3.x and 4.x
- high impact web graphics with Paint Shop Pro, mr nik - creating uses version 4
- TalkGraphics.com Forums for Corel software Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop and other graphics. Post questions and answers online.
- Lori's Web Graphics Paint Shop Pro Basics and How To for version 6, 7, 8, 9, X, X1, X2, X3 (basics section undergoing revision)
- Michelle's Paint Shop Pro Tubes Tutorials site featuring PSP X2 PSP X3 and PSP X4 Newbies to Advanced free video tutorials, tips on installing plugins
- New Dawn Micro - Paint Shop of Horrors - Effects index Beth hosts the effects tutorials, luckily Joe Cilinceon has allowed others to host some of his tutorials since he no longer maintains the New Dawn site.
- Nuts and Bolts of Paint Shop Pro GrafoManiac - Paint Shop Pro Resources - 4x NOT found 7 Mar 2012
- PaintShop Pro Foundry for vers. 4 and 5
- Paint Shop Pro Resources Tutorials sumrallworks Button Hole.
- Inside Paint Shop Pro by John K Hart v 4,5,6. Still has Paint Shop Pro Tips & Tricks for 3.x
- Paint Shop Pro Tutorials from GrafX site by M. Clark, uses 3.xx , 4.1 (soften is feather in 4.1). Adding ones for PSP 5
- Paint Shop Pro 5 Tips & Tricks tutorials work in version 6 and new features in Paint Shop Pro 6 and PSP 7 Tutorials from Web Graphics on a Budget .
- Paint Shop Pro Resources - tips tutorials free downloads tubes support at graphicsoft.about.com
- Camp Ratty Paint Shop Pro Tips questions "Irreverant Tutorials Marginal Advice". Prefers vintage PSP 9 over upgrades PSPX and up. previously known as Top Ten (Very Frequently Asked Questions)
- Paint Shop Pro Users Group PSPUG online study groups, discussion, tips and resources, newsletter. Free registration. Discounts from affiliates.
- Paint Shop Pro Web Artist site archive, reocities.com when geocities went down. Just change g in geocities broken link url to r, reocities might have saved.
- Pinoy7 - Paint Shop Pro tips and tutorials For v5, 6, 7
- AutoFX Software : Photoshop Plug-in Filters for special effects. Check downloads for FREE plug-in Dreamy Photo and Free plug-in Mosaic. Both are available with Mac version or Windows and are Adobe Photoshop compatible plug-in. Was filter factory.
- the Place Message board for people who love graphics, HTML and web design. Expand learning from online VU classes. All welcome.
- PSP Toybox (not)
- Visual Sonnets Sandbox very creative PSP tutorials, check the stained glass too.
- State of Entropy Webgraphics and Design tutorials using Paint Shop Pro including PSP 4, 5 PSP6 and 7
- VisiBone Swatch Collections has directions for using the 216-Color Webmaster's Palette in Paint Shop Pro.
- Web Graphics on a Budget - Paint Shop Pro Tips & Tricks One of my favorites. Try fonts and dingbats. Tutorials for PSP 5, 6 and 7.
- Button Button Font Shirley's Tool Kit demonstrates ButtonButton font used with graphic software.
- Download your missing .dll files - DLL-files.com Error message or missing, especially MSVCRT.dll installing plug-ins and filters
Other Graphics, Color, Font and Typography Resources and Tips
- Adobe Photoshop Basics Free Online Class - Course Outline graphicssoft.about.com also has tutorials, techniques and tips.
- Free Tutorial | Photoshop CS5 for the Web - Optimizing photos as JPEG lynda.com video tutorial.
- comp.graphics.apps.photoshop newsgroup
- Create a Transparent Gif in Adobe Photoshop from Laurie McCanna's Tips. Requires use of the Gif89A Export Filter (Users of Photoshop 3.0 will need to get it from Adobe. Other versions automatically install this filter.)
- Laurie McCanna's Free Art Site Photoshop, Xara, Corel, Painter and PaintShop Pro Tutorials.
- How to Build Web Galleries in Photoshop CS3 Nathan Segal, step-by-step illustrated directions. Even if you don't use photoshop can apply to other programs. How to organize photos and how to proceed.
- digital-foundry.com Photoshop Filters and Plug-ins, tutorials with sponsored links.
- About.com Graphics Software: Photoshop tutorials, techniques, tips, basics free online course.
- Photoshop Text Effect - Giordan on Graphics - WebReference.com Jan 99 tutorial illustrates effects from layers menu.
- VisiBone Swatch Collection has free web-safe palette swatches for Adobe software as well as other graphics programs.
- Introduction to Adobe Photoshop designed by Selena Sol and Kenji Tachibana online - Day One: Photoshop Basics Day Two: Basic Image Manipulation Day Three: Advanced Image Manipulation
- Adobe Photoshop - Photo-Editing and Web Graphics Tutorials grafx-design.com also have for Photo Elements, Paint Shop Pro, tutorials since 1996
- Photoshop filters and plug-ins - Grafnet news, filters organized by category and alpha index with examples of effects, resources
Remember to also check the extensive collections of resources in the Colors and Graphics sections.
- Screen Ruler JR free tool to measure graphics, web page browser sizes or design elements in pixels, inches or centimeters as you work. Launch from shortcut on desktop.
- Webdesigner Depot "exciting new platform designed to explore different web and graphic design techniques, great examples and best practices." Joint effort and collaboration between leading designers around the world which contribute a wealth of expertise on all fields of design, such as coding, typography, Photoshop tutorials and more.
- Increasing Image Resolution
Make Your Photos Bigger With Minimal Loss in Quality
- Color Matters in general and Computer Color Matters excellent articles.
- Color Pickers for windows to download, use offline to choose colors for web pages
- Color Wheel Pro - program that allows you to see color theory in action: you can create harmonious color schemes and preview them on real-world examples.
- Pixie / Nattyware free utility, pick/point to a color (any pixel) on your screen and it will tell you the hex, RGB, HTML, CMYK and HSV values of that color. Also shows the x y position of pointer. Just the best. Windows
- HTML Tag Buddy combines a lot of features and has a separate Color Tag Buddy UFRAGG Software. Free for win 95. 2006
- Software Design -RGB Editor 2000 for Windows Sal uses this tool often.
- Color Manipulation Device v 2.1 shareware utility Windows freeware by L'Industrie De Meat
- Charles Poynton - Color technology Poynton's GammaFAQ and ColorFAQ.
- Color Worqx Color Theory Overview & Tutorial at woqrx.com Wow, thanks KOT for telling me about this wonderful color tutorial! Stay to the end to create a composition based on the information with her palette picker NOT connecting 1/29/2012 - seems temporary as visited in 1/24/12. Message problem loading page connection reset. Try again.
- comp.infosystems.www.authoring.images newsgroup
- Creating Transparent Background Images with Lview Pro 1.D2/32 There are more tutorials in the graphics section of my main page. Each one gives a few different tips.
- DiP Pixel Explorations - A GIF Transparency FAQ (Page 1) Tutorial found by Chris using Paint Shop Pro and Gif Construction Set
- Fonts and Typography
- All Good Things Typography Lots of interesting articles. Kevin Woodward. http://www.redsun.com/type/ URL NOT FOUND site redirects to spam sites? Jan 2012
- Typeface Anatomy and Glossary | FontShop
- FontShop browse by category, fontlist, foundry, designer.
- The Font Pool nicely categorized for PC and MAC, Browse & Search 67,522 Fonts Kevin Woodward.
- 30 of the Best Font Foundries | Web Designer Depot
- All you wanted to know about Web type but were afraid to ask from WPDFD Jul 1 2004
- Knowing About Web Safe Fonts | Web Page Design for Designers in CSS
- EsperFonto - Typeface / Font selection system - choose the most appropriate FONT for your job Choose typefaces that work well together or achieve a specific affect
- Choosing and Using Type - Will-Harris House, a hypertutorial.
- EsperFonto - what's the difference between a font and a typeface?
- Free fonts at fontastic! - freeware and shareware fonts Fonts and dingbats for Graphic Design!
- Microsoft Typography articles, news
- TypeIndex.org - The International Type Index Register for free to build your collection, database with all the fonts you are interested in. WHAT IS THE I.T.I. ?
The International Type Index is a free project from a non-profit organisation, self-financed by (few ;-) ads.
Imagine : a searchable database gathering in one place all fonts from all foundries, from all the world! We are doing it! Register for free to build your collection, database with all the fonts you are interested in. THE TYPE HANDBOOK
1 - Creating type :
a 10 steps tutorial.
2 - Typography :
Anatomy of a letterform
3 - Typography : Portrait of a family.
4 - Bitmap vs Outline :
A history of fonts.
5 - Types of type :
The different font formats.
6 - Font Classification:
A user-oriented guide
- Typography Feb 1, 2000 from WPDFD, includes list of mac and pc equivalent fonts.
Typography Tutorial at webmonkey, excellent information and tips.
- Mulders Stylesheets Tutorial lessons 2 and 3 cover typograhy, using fonts, spacing, layout
- Web Style Guide 3rd edition, online, web design with users in mind. Chapter 8 Typography, balance and interplay of letterforms on the page, verbal and visual communication, when to display typography with graphics.
- CSS Fonts Module Level 3 W3C Editor's Draft 14 October 2011 generic font families
- the Astigmatic One Eye Typographic Institute AOETI, font sets and collections to buy. Look at the the Astigmatic (AOETI) Freeware Collection. Check font licensing options. Find more typefaces in their Freeware Archives on DaFont. http://www.astigmatic.com/ 2012 timed out not connect
- ButtonButton AOE Font | dafont.com free download for PC and Mac .ttf true type font, buttonbutton_aoe.zip from Astigmatic One Eye Typographic Institute Dafont free archives. Dingbats/Shapes cagtegory. Tutorials on the web for creating graphics using this font now have broken links from when it was featured on their main site, http://www.astigmatic.com This is where to find it now 2012, aka Button Button font.
- FAQ | dafont.com How to install fonts on MAC OS? Windows and Linux.
- the Dingbat pages free for Mac and PC, create graphical text/images from them
- Font Freak small fee to download all at once PC
- Create 8 · Fonts fonts, dingbats all freeware and shareware
- Fonts & Things - the most unusual fonts online...
- WhatTheFont! « MyFonts Submit a font sample for help to determine what it is.
- Tutorial: Downloading and Installing Fonts Using the Font Thing directions to install and use valuable tool to help in organizing and viewing fonts
- Graphics and Color WPDFD - faster load time and quality GIF JPEG file formats, palettes and cross platform issues
- The Graphics File Format Page
- Graphics Software Tutorials and User Resources graphicssoft.about.com .
Resources for learning and using your graphics software, arranged by software title or company. Find tutorials, tips, and other instructional resources for popular graphics software programs. Also lists downloads, add-ons, and other useful Web sites for each software program.
- Graphics Transparency Tutorial the one I created so I would not forget how to do it.
- How to Create a Perfect Screenshot Painlessly using almost any paint program. Laurie McCanna's Tip
- TalkGraphics.com forums for design and graphics programs including XARA
- JPEG FAQ maintained by Tom Lane. Wealth of information including specific programs and systems in two parts.
- DLB: The Art of Distortion tutorial covers principals behind graphics effects by Dmitry Kirsanov
- Making Good Looking WWW GIFs or JPEGs for Multi-Platforms with Photoshop Addresses gamma and the right amount of brightness.
- Optimizing Web Graphics information at webreference.com
- Palette for WWW images by Flavell
- PNG (Portable Network Graphics) Home Page
- PNG - The 'other' graphics file format WPDFD Editorial October 1999. as of 2012 most browsers should support it.
- Preparing Graphics for The Web Douglas E. Gray comprehensive, use article text menu links to naviate: Douglas E. Gray comprehensive, use article text menu links to naviate: Introduction | JPEG File Format | GIF File Format | Which Format to Use | Display Types | Tips and Tricks
- Using Images Examples for wrapping text and aligning images. Examples from left menu, select chapter 5 Using Images from Castro's HTML for the World Wide Web
- CKWS - Single-Pixel Gif Trick for placement by D. Siegel Creating Killer Web Sites still handy workaround, how to make the most of them. "When Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) are consistently well implemented in browsers, I hope we can throw these hacks away and begin, finally, to do things right."
- So You Want A Background, Huh?
Scanning Resources and Digital Cameras
To keep file size down for web pages, scan photos, usually TIFF is best quality for the original to work with, and then convert them to jpeg 72 dpi (others suggest 80 or 90 dpi for the web) with your graphics program as this is the limit for what most browsers and monitor resolutions can distinguish. Always go back to the original image for any modifications.
Animated Gifs Be sure the extra load time is worth the graphic and for sure too many is not good!
When you use an image map for navigation, it should also be offered with a text menu for the links. Even if you use alt text for the graphic, if the graphic does not show for people traveling with graphics turned off or for some reason the ISP does not load the image, there is no way to tell that links were even provided. Using a text browser like Lynx is usually not a problem as visitors can follow the links provided in the coordinates.
Back to the very top of the page
A Note About Validation and Accessibility:
This page is Bobby approved for accessibility. Try using another online accessibility checker to see what happens and get suggestions for a page you have made as many are easily implemented. Unfortunately Bobby is no longer available, but this is advice it gave to me. Adjacent links should be separated: I changed my text menu so that the brackets [ ] go outside of the total hyperlink. It was a challenge to separate the graphics of my menu by more than white space. Bobby 2.01 followed the lead of the WAI in instituting HTML 4.0 requirements which offers improved accessibility for people with disabilities. I added a descriptive TITLE to my image links. Advanced options of the latest version of Bobby allowed you to check a page using Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (three Priority levels available) or U.S. Section 508. In 2000, I found more things to repair.
Other pages on my site used coding to bold the text used inside the <dt> tag to emphasize minor sections—they did not validate for HTML 3.2 because strict coding did not allow this. Now in 2012, no complaints about bolding <dt> content, but I can't use <h3> </h3> heading tags to emphasize major sections with a definition list. To use the heading tags, reserved for structure, didn't change the display even though they do not validate, and work for most browsers. Because I use "deprecated" tags like font size=, align=, center and attributes for links in the body tag, this site will not validate for Strict HTML 4.01, but does for 4.01 Transitional using HTML 3.2 formatting tags. I didn't consider a switch to CSS for presentation until I knew most people have browsers capable of displaying new presentation features in a more reliable manner. To get the highest Bobby rating (service no longer available) valid HTML 4.01 coding must be used with the enhancements for accessibility. I did get all of my pagesß to validate as W3C HTML 4.01 Transitional when I properly use the <dl> </dl> (definition list).
[ Friends & Stuff ]
[ Site Map & Search ]
©1996–2012 Links verified 19 February 2012 - Update Feb 2012: http://annesworld.info/congraph.html